The International Student Congress Of (bio)Medical Sciences, also known as ISCOMS, is one of the world’s leading student congresses in (bio)medical sciences. ISCOMS is not just any regular congress however, it is a non-profit organisation made up of students that aims to promote student research and the international exchange of it. Throughout our three day congress we therefore offer a stimulating venue for student research exchange and give students the opportunity to broaden their social and scientific network. Our scientific programme includes different researches from students all over the world which are presented in poster, oral or plenary form, all in front of an international and professional audience. Along with these student sessions there will be fascinating keynote lectures and hands-on workshops. Along with a rich scientific programme we also have an elaborate social programme, filled with dinners and parties giving a chance for all the participants to get to know and have fun with each other and the ISCOMS organisation.
Facts and figures
Over the last few years ISCOMS has grown into one of the world’s leading biomedical student congresses. Last year, we received 941 abstracts from 70 countries. 357 presenters were selected for a poster, oral or plenary session. We had 959 presenting and non-presenting participants at ISCOMS 2019. This year, we aim to make ISCOMS 2020 an even bigger success!
The world is filled with a growing amount of congresses, some right around the corner.
So why pick ISCOMS?
- Present your research in front of an international and professional audience;
- Get new insights and exchange research with students from all over the world;
- Get to know researchers throughout the programme and at our speed-dating workshop and thereby open your door to an international career filled with opportunities;.
- Get to know and have fun with the participants and the entire ISCOMS organising committee during our dinner and parties and thereby expand your social scientific network.
- Learn and get inspired during our prosperous scientific programme filled with high quality student presentations, a Nobel Laureate and other renowned keynote lecturers and active workshops.
Interested in more research?
Talented and ambitious students can apply for the ISCOMS Research Fellowships (IRF). During an IRF, students participate in a challenging two week research oriented programme in the UMCG. Moreover, participating in an IRF could act as a link towards a PhD-programme in the UMCG. For more information about the IRF click here.